Kirjoittaja Aihe: bitten by the embedded bug...  (Luettu 2675 kertaa)

Poissa mnentwig

• Elävä Legenda
  • this sentence no verb
bitten by the embedded bug...
« : 20 Lokakuu, 2011, 20:09:52 »
Moi,

I got an mbed LPC 1768 board for the workplace lab as "swiss army knife".
Now the last time I've done embedded programming was mid-90ies in assembler on an 8051, where I was glad to have at least some freeware "tools" so that I didn't have to calculate the byte offsets for the SHORTJMPs and branches manually... expected the worst here.
Well, to make a long story short, the first prototype to solve the original problem (bit pattern sequencer) took about 15 lines of codes and 30 minutes. Other "projects" during the same evening (mainly based on the abuse of example code) included an ethernet packet sniffer and the smallest web server I've ever seen  :) slightly over thumb size...
Maybe all this stuff isn't as hard as it used to be...
The abovementioned product: Highly recommended. Just ordered one for myself...
« Viimeksi muokattu: 20 Lokakuu, 2011, 20:11:50 kirjoittanut mnentwig »

Poissa mnentwig

• Elävä Legenda
  • this sentence no verb

Poissa Mikka

• Seniori torppari
  • Jäsen nro #99
Vs: bitten by the embedded bug...
« Vastaus #3 : 26 Lokakuu, 2011, 23:03:47 »
Quite interesting for testing things. I was just thinking if decoding of Futaba SBus would be possible also. Some info found from here, so it is possible, but I can't figure out any interesting enough application why to select SBus only receiver and then decode SBus data, process it (mixing some extra info from outside world) and drive servos (or some switches or relays).

ps. Did you bought from here (just interested about price - but as usual too few hours in a day)? Edit: Ah, it must be from the link you provided...

Edit2: Found some SBus test code for mbed from here.
« Viimeksi muokattu: 26 Lokakuu, 2011, 23:33:49 kirjoittanut Mikka »
Muutama kopteri, lennokki ja pari rakettia

Poissa mnentwig

• Elävä Legenda
  • this sentence no verb
« Vastaus #4 : 26 Lokakuu, 2011, 23:44:59 »
Hi,

yes, I bought from UK.

...but I can't figure out any interesting enough application why to select SBus only receiver and then decode SBus data, process it (mixing some extra info from outside world) and drive servos (or some switches or relays).

how about "computer controlled fan for T-Rex 700N" (picture).
Or (insert gesture to ward off evil) a plank ;D

Poissa Mikka

• Seniori torppari
  • Jäsen nro #99
« Vastaus #5 : 27 Lokakuu, 2011, 09:54:38 »
Not directly related to this, but found "some" instructions how to convert servo to drive couple of LEDs.

ps. Just waiting when hobbyking gets those real switches.
Muutama kopteri, lennokki ja pari rakettia